Wednesday, May 03, 2006

EHD-joo-meh-KAY-shun

Today I'm going to try something new, a completely novel idea for the blog medium. Are you ready? Here it goes:

A completely unedited, unrehearsed, unscripted, "Reality Blog."

How's that for groundbreaking, right? News as news happens and all that jazz...

I finished my last collegiate exam a few hours ago and I've been thinking of all the amazing things I've seen, all the stupid shit I've done, all the crazy and wonderful people I've met along the way.

(If you don't know who you are, you weren't there. If you were there, you know who you are and your names will be changed. Relax.)

For those of you keeping score, for all those kids in the bleachers who might be adepts at fantasy baseball and such, my record follows:

"9 semesters, 10ish years, 0 RBI."

I'm no statistician, but that should put me up there with the greatest non-DH pitchers of all time.

(What's up, Steve Bedrosian?!)

But of all the people I wanted to call today, one was mysteriously absent. As luck would have it, he's the only person I wanted to talk to. Period. And he's the only photo I can't crop, the only convo I can't fudge, the only scratch that don’t erase.

Everybody tip a cup for Dave. Thanks. I am.

Peace.